Top 10 Things NOT to say in front of an ORSE Team...
by the Crew of the USS JEFFERSON CITY (SSN-759) (Sent by Kendell Hoyer)
- "It's been that way since I reported aboard."
- "Look, why don't you listen to someone who actually stands the watch."
- "That valve isn't leaking much... you should have seen it last week."
- "Once we dive, the hull presses the pipes together and the leak will stop."
- "Don't worry, we just put aluminum foil bits in the lube oil sample to test the new guys."
- "Those gauges were just calibrated last week so I guess the sticker must have just fallen off... it's probably on the deck somewhere."
- "That's NOT metal particulate... it's just the way the oil catches the fluorescent lights."
- "Well, that's not what the skipper says."
- "That alarm? We get it all the time... it's nothing."
- "I dare you to fail me."
(From ORSE '98)
Want to submit a humorous story? Email it our way. Include your name, boat and rate as applicable for proper credit. (please... no images - just text, and keep it clean! Items submitted will be chosen at random).
Home - Sea Stories